Tuesday 14 October 2014

Some work and some play

Well It has been a bit more than a week since I last updated this but it has been very busy. I have signed up to a few sports and I am fully into my lectures after a bit of module switching.

So first up uni work, well after swapping Space robotics for Computer vision I have more or less settled in nicely. A few assignments/tasks have been handed out and they look really fun and...awkward. I am having a bit of trouble with one of my modules as it involves a lot of maths, such as matrix transformations. All the rest are really interesting and hopefully should all go well.
Now for the extra curricular activities...
First up I have joined the Aberystwyth robotics society to work on various bits and bobs. One main area of interest is quad-copters and other flying machines. I am also soon to start looking at a Reprap 3D printer to try and help get it working.

I am also a part of the Digs football team, F.C. Beaver. First training session didn't go brilliantly and it chucked it down with rain mid way. Should get better :). I have my first friendly tomorrow against Ivory Toast so should be fun and shall see how that goes.

I have also taken up fencing which is very fun but tiring and stressful on the legs. I have learnt a few moves such as lunge, disengage and circle parry and a few others. It also works up a bit of a sweat wearing all the gear. I am however considering putting myself up for vote to be novice representative.

Finally I have also taken up ballroom dancing. This is brilliant fun and shows me how much I know about my right and left. So far learnt the basics of Waltz, Cha, Jive and Quickstep and a few little bits such as the new yorker. I have also put myself down for competing at basic level which could be interesting so lots of practice.

Well that is it so far, I am keeping busy and loving every moment. Stay tuned for more news. 

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MentalMarriott








No comments:

Post a Comment