Thursday 11 June 2015

Well it is update time and the past week or so has been busy but not all around great. Not terrible just few things going wrong most of which have been remedied.  Also A few little rants a bout things mostly job applications and the passing of an acting legend Sir Christopher Lee.


So job applications, it is that time of year when graduates who do not have a job spam out applications left right and center in hopes to get a job. I am no exception, however, some of the jobs that I have applied for have been asking for a minimum of 260, 280, 300 ucas points.

Now this would be fine if my ucas points were that high but due to a not so good sixth form I went to university as a mature student. Here I have more than proven my determination at working and that I can get good grades, likely to get a high 2:1 and that I can combine that with an active social life. While at university I have undertaken archery, fencing, football, dancing( both latin and ballroom) and competed in them.

So because of this I just wish jobs would judge you on you latest qualification and achievements, because after all that is who I am/have been for the past 4+ years.


It has not all been applying for jobs I have also been trying to get Ad Sense working on my blog and having issues with ads being shown but not displayed in the layout manager. Turns out if you have an add blocker it hides the ads even in the layout manager, so after disabling it I could then remove most of the ads that were spamming my blog page.


I have been trying to seek out work in other areas such as free lancing on sites such as Elance. This site seems pretty good so far giving you choice of pay limitations and what work you take on. However I came across an issue when trying to add my address, no matter what address I entered I always got the error;

'Please enter a valid location.'

This was slightly irritating so I tweeted Elance and they responded quickly asking for user name and screen shot of the issue. I am still waiting to hear from them about a fix but until then I can work without an address.


Now to the sad news, I woke up today to hear the passing of Sir Christopher Lee at the age of 93.He was well known for his iconic acting roles as Dracula, Saruman, count Dooku the list goes on. He was in the Wicker Man, the man with the golden gun and countless other, he has had an amazing acting career. I have not seen everything he has been in and I doubt many people reading this will have too or just not realised it. I think that I am going to have to have a Christopher Lee marathon of films at some point soon.


He passed away at 8:30am on Sunday 7th June 2015 due to heart and respiratory problems. He is now out there with some of the great actors and my sympathy goes out to his family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment