Wednesday 16 July 2014

Goodbyes, Travel and Beach

So been a very busy weekend with travels and fun. However, before the weekend got under way though, there was a few goodbyes to fellow colleagues who had finished their placement and will be going back to university soon. It is been a lot more quieter around the work place as well. Hopefully we will stay in contact and if we are both lucky we might see each other back at work as a graduate.

After the goodbyes it was off to home back in the midlands to see parents. This required a fun 4 hour train journey after which it was fair to say I was glad to be home. I then grabbed something to eat and headed out with parents to the pub. At the local had a few nice pints of bass and had a good catch up then headed home for a good rest. My body clock however was still on work schedule so woke up around 8am and had a bath which I had missed, I still wash just via a shower :P.

After a relaxing bath and a bit of lunch I set off on my second part of my travels to Wales, back to my university. I was heading here to see what my new accommodation for final year is like. This was a 7 hour train journey during with I did nod off a little a couple of times. When I got in it was a short trek to my new place which I can say is lovely, with an amazing garden/patio.

Here I met our 4th flatmate who is a PHD student who is very nice but only here for 3 months. After stocking up on a few essentials we met up with a few friends for a drink and a catch up. While out we watched bits of the Brazil Vs Holland game, which I am glad Holland won. On the Sunday it was a relaxing day sorting out some stuff for my room. I built a flat pack desk while flatmates watched frozen. Later on we watched the world cup final and it was a tense match but I am glad Germany won. After that we headed out for a midnight bonfire on the beach where had another good catch up with friends and a nice talk with a stranger who decided to join out bonfire.

In the morning it was get up get ready and go. This time a nice 7 hour trek on train back down south. People were arriving as well as this was the week of graduations, some of whom were friends of mine who didn't do an industrial year. After I got back I had dinner then relaxed as the next day I was in work.

Back to work I went after a terrible nights sleep but it was a good day as got £64 from the sweepstakes for Germany winning the world cup which was nice. With some of my winnings I brought some cake for work colleagues.

All in all a busy few days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment