Friday 4 July 2014

Winning Goal

Tis the season for football and as per usual Friday lunchtimes it was football with work colleagues. Always a good game it being five aside, well good game when it isn't raining. Thankfully today's weather was beautiful, perfect weather for a game, warm but not too humid. As always starts off with a nice friendly just warming up trying to score as many as possible.

To start off with I went in goal where I made a few saves but let one in. However, one of the saves was of a powerful shot which bent my finger back and it hurt for the rest of the match. Still hurts a little now. So while running round the pitch I made a few tackles and lost the ball a fair bit. There was a point where I was just spinning around with the ball and had no idea what I was doing but managed to get it out to a team mate. Plus side this match was I didn't injure my knees.

There was a beautiful goal by the opposition about half way through. Gentleman ran down the right no one on him and the goal keeper came out to the edge. At that point the gentleman chipped the ball just over the goal keeper, we all watched as the ball seemed to fly through the air in slow motion. It came down so gracefully and bounced perfectly into the left hand side of the goal. It was a stunning shot.

After the 40 odd minutes of a friendly, things got serious, it was the first to three goals to win. We started off strong with an belter going straight in, closely followed by another beautiful goal. The other team started pushing a bit more even having a few shots, luckily none went in. Then the ball was passed out, rolling my way down the center. I ran with it, turned, guy coming on the right of me, picked my right foot and swung. Straight as an arrow went down into the left hand side and scored, it was the game winning goal. I was so happy that of all the goals I should have scored that was the one I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment