Friday 27 June 2014

Injury

Well as it is Friday, I played some football with work colleagues during lunch. Thankfully the weather was nice and a little drizzle cooled us down before the game but that was it. It is five aside and there are people in light coloured t shirts against those in dark coloured t shirts.

I was on the light coloured t shirt side and we started off with a bit of a kick about to warm up. Then we started to play properly, however this surface is not the easiest surface to stop on(or fall over on).

About half way through the game the ball was passed to one of the opponents, it was heading deep in out half. I ran for it, I got there and reached out with my foot just managing to pass it to the goal keeper then continued to slide. Down I went onto my hands and knee.

Now just two weeks ago I had reached a bit to far for a ball and rolled over it, slid rather impressively on my other knee and ankle and rolled and got up. This hurt a fair bit as the surface is covered in sand. This time however was not as bad, but of course there was the other player right behind me coming for the ball. Now as I said stopping isn't easy and at this point I had my foot out stretched, kicking the ball.

Well over he goes, me joining him, we all stop play and make sure we are ok. After a couple minutes we get back in the game then our team precede to win the best of three game at the end. I walk off with a scuffed up knee to match the other side.

I will learn eventually, got IT vs Foundation game soon. Should be good as me and a flat mate are IT's and my other flatmate is a Foundation. He is really good though.

As always thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment